Canyon Hills Treatment Facility program provides treatment for male adolescents ages 6 to 16 by utilizing modifications of the therapeutic approach. Our Individual and Family Therapy is guided by a Masters-prepared therapist to focus on specific treatment-related issues, encouraging our residents to develop their own “person-centered plan” with the assistance of a treatment team. The average length of time to complete the program is 10-12 months.
- Adolescent Behavioral Development Incentive Program – This incentive-based level system is our unique milieu management program that is non-punitive and incentive based. Residents focus on core areas and accumulate points which they utilize for privileges. Fun activities outings such as amusement park, zoo, or indoor sporting events.
- Adjunctive Therapy – This is composed of challenging team-based activities to encourage social skills and critical thinking, including art therapy, music therapy, recreational therapy, and adventure-based counseling.
- Individual & Family Therapy – This is guided by a Masters-prepared therapist to focus on specific treatment-related issues. We encourage our residents to develop their own “person-centered plan” with the assistance of a treatment team. A Group Treatment Voluntary (non-denominational) spiritual service is offered. Therapeutic trial visits with family increases as discharge approaches.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy – This is an evidence-based theory used primarily for individuals who have difficulty coping with emotional stimuli or are exhibiting self-injurious and life-threatening behaviors. Our trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) is an effective treatment for sexually abused youth.
- Substance Abuse Therapy – This uses the Matrix Model used for Children and Adolescence. The Matrix Model is an integrative treatment. It includes aspects of many different therapeutic styles and psychological orientations. Designed as a highly-structured program, the entire model is thoroughly designed and engineered with planned topics and sequencing for each session and phase of treatment.
- Group Treatment – This is a voluntary Non-Denominational spiritual service offered while in treatment.