Minimum education, training, and experience required:
Must have a High School diploma or GED. Must have prior experience (minimum one year) of working with children/ adolescents with MH/SA issues, and /or combination of experience, skills, and competencies that is equivalent. An individualized supervision plan shall be developed and reviewed annually. Supervision shall be provided by a qualified professional or associate professional.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
- Must possess a current NC Driver’s License which is clear of violations reflecting a poor driving. record. Personal vehicle insurance is required.
Special knowledge, skill, physical requirements, or other factors:
- General knowledge of behavioral patterns and attitudes common with children and adolescents serves in the DD/MD/SAS populations, and if applicable, DD population.
- Ability to deal patiently and fairly with staff, students, and others.
- Ability to maintain effective and efficient working relationships and present an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Regular and predictable job attendance.
- Ability to accept and respond positively to change.
- Consistently aware of health and safety needs for all staff and students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of State and Medicaid requirements as they relate to the provision of Residential Treatment services.
- Demonstrate good oral, written, and documentation skills.
Training/Certification in the following:
- General Organization Orientation
- First Aid/ CPR
- Person-centered planning
- Implementing the treatment plan
- Medication administration
- Seizure management
- Blood-borne pathogens/ infectious disease transmission
- Cultural awareness
- Special populations served
- Documentations requirements
- Crisis interventions
- Safety precautions
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the online application here: Online Employment Form