Minimum education, training, and experience required:
Must be a graduate from an accredited medical school with a Doctor of Medicine Degree. A four-year post-graduate psychiatric residency training is also required.
Licenses or certifications required:
- Applicable license or certificate is required. Must possess current NC Driver’s License which is clear of violations reflecting a poor driving record. Personal vehicle insurance is required.
Special knowledge, skill, physical requirements, or other factors
- General understanding of behavioral patterns and attitudes common in varying degrees with children and adolescents served in the MH/SA populations, and if applicable, DD population.
- Ability to deal patiently and fairly with staff, consumers, families, and others.
- Ability to maintain effective and efficient working relationships and present an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Consistently aware of health and safety needs for all staff and consumers.
- Demonstrate good oral, written, and documentation skills.
- Training/certification in the following:
- General organization orientation
- First Aid/CPR
- Client’s right/HIPPA
- Person-centered planning
- Implementation of treatment plan
- Medication administration
- Seizure management
- Blood-borne pathogens/infectious disease transmission
- Cultural awareness
- Specific population served
- Documentation requirements
- Crisis intervention
- Safety precautions
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the online application here: Online Employment Form