Minimum education, training, and experience required:
A “Licensed Clinician” means an individual with full clinical licensure awarded by the State of North Carolina as a physician, licensed psychologist, licensed psychological associate, licensed clinical social worker, licensed professional counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, or licensed clinical addictions specialist. “Licensed Clinician” also refers to an individual with full clinical licensure and certification as a certified nurse practitioner in psychiatric mental health advanced practice. “Licensed Professional Counselor” (LPC) means a counselor who is licensed as such by the North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors.
Licenses or certifications required:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s license which is clear of violation reflecting a poor driving record.
- A current NC Standard Professional License is required.
Special knowledge, skill, physical requirements, or other factors
- General understanding of behavioral patterns and attitudes common in varying degrees with children and adolescents in the MH/SA populations and if applicable DD population.
- Ability to deal patiently and fairly with staff, consumers, families, and others.
- Ability to maintain effective and efficient working relationships and present an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Regular and predictable job attendance.
- Consistently aware of health and safety needs for all staff and consumers.
- Demonstrate good oral, written, and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of State and Medicaid requirements as they relate to the provision of
- Residential Treatment services.
- Training/certification in the following:
- General organization orientation
- First Aid/CPR
- Client Rights/HIPAA
- Person-centered planning
- Implementation of the treatment plan
- Medication administration
- Seizure management
- Blood-borne pathogens/infectious disease transmission
- Cultural awareness
- Specific population served
- Documentation requirements
- Crisis intervention
- Safety procedures
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the online application here: Online Employment Form