Minimum education, training, and experience required:
High School diploma or Associate Professional (AP) within the mental health, development disabilities, and substance abuse services (MH/DD/SAS) system of care means an individual who is a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a field other than human services with less than four years of full-time, post-bachelor’s degree accumulated MH/DD/SAS experience with the population served, or a substance abuse professional with less than four years of full-time, post-bachelor’s degree supervised experience in alcoholism and drug abuse counseling. Supervision shall be provided by a qualified professional with the population served until the individual meets four years of experience. The supervisor and the employee shall develop an individualized supervision plan upon hiring. The parties shall review the plan annually;
Licenses or certifications required:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s license which is clear of violation reflecting a poor driving record.
- A current NC Standard Professional License is required.
Special knowledge, skill, physical requirements, or other factors
- General understanding of behavioral patterns and attitudes common in varying degrees with children and adolescents in the MH/SA populations and if applicable DD population.
- Ability to deal patiently and fairly with staff, consumers, families, and others.
- Ability to maintain effective and efficient working relationships and present an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Regular and predictable job attendance.
- Consistently aware of health and safety needs for all staff and consumers.
- Demonstrate good oral, written, and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of State and Medicaid requirements as they relate to the provision of Residential Treatment services.
- Training/certification in the following:
- General organization orientation
- First Aid/CPR
- Client Rights/HIPAA
- Person-centered planning
- Implementation of the treatment plan
- Medication administration
- Seizure management
- Blood-borne pathogens/infectious disease transmission
- Cultural awareness
- Specific population served
- Documentation requirements
- Crisis intervention
- Safety procedures
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the online application here: Online Employment Form